The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

m4/3 Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHart

I don't know if this is a taboo subject, but I'm sure we're all interested in keeping this forum (and others) thriving with our m4/3 love interest...

It seems to me this may be the most active m4/3 forum, or is it?

I think this is an awesome forum, but, m4/3 glutton that I am, I would like to learn of other good hang outs to explore this topic as well.

Is it ok to ask what might be some other major venues for those of us who want to explore more about m4/3?

DHart

pellicle... are you just rising? (It's midnight here in the Pacific Northwest USA).

Thanks for the link.

Diane B

Vivek, Dpreview is UK based but owned by Amazon. It was started by Phil Askey and now has a good sized staff. It and the one Pellicle linked to are quite different. I don't know much about the one Pellicle linked to--who owns it. Brian Moseley is one of the admins--beyond that, I don't really have any other info. Its fairly new I think.

Oh, m4/3rds are discussed at Fred Miranda in the 'alternative camera' forum, but not with any focus.

I still think this is the best place for m4/3rds--just MO.

Diane

V

Vivek

Vivek, Dpreview is UK based but owned by Amazon. It was started by Phil Askey and now has a good sized staff. It and the one Pellicle linked to are quite different. I don't know much about the one Pellicle linked to--who owns it. Brian Moseley is one of the admins--beyond that, I don't really have any other info. Its fairly new I think.

Oh, m4/3rds are discussed at Fred Miranda in the 'alternative camera' forum, but not with any focus.

Diane
Thanks, Diane, and I agree. :)

p.net also has a forum: http://photo.net/olympus-camera-forum/

The activity there would make any forum (new or old) look good. :sleep006:

Bill Gordon

Diane
Diane mu-4/3rds is owned by a chap named Amin who lives in New York State and Brian is merely a moderator. I think that he is helping to bring more good people to the site and in my mind it is the most congenial spot to park. "the other place" has become a haven for whiners. That is my feelings and so I enjoy this place and mu-4/3rds

V

Vivek

Diane mu-4/3rds is owned by a chap named Amin who lives in New York State and Brian is merely a moderator.
Registration says (among other things):

The owners of Micro Four Thirds User Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

So, it appears that it is more than one owner.

Brian Mosley

Vivek, the site is 100% owned by Amin - I've been drafted in to help build a community there as a co-administrator, which makes sense because Amin has a day job at the moment, is stretched keeping up with the forum mechanics and can't stay awake 24hrs per day :ROTFL:

I'm very excited to be able to try out a few ideas there... which I may then use to take the Olympus Photo Safari Group to the next level.

Hope that makes sense, it's a great challenge to build a new forum dedicated to m4/3rds... which will have a different focus and flavour to anything else you'll find on the net. I said different, not better by the way... it all adds to the choice of company you can keep!

Cheers

Brian

V

Vivek

Brian, Don kindly invited me earlier. However, given your known bias in favor of dp revs and the "rules", it is a non starter for me.

Yes, you are absolutely right, the flavor will depend on the company you keep within the constraints of a forum with its own rules and format.

Google was bitching about China and censorship. :ROTFL:

Brian Mosley

Hi Vivek, one of the reasons I still enjoy this place is for your quirky personality...

We're trying to build a community over there... not a prison, so enforcing rules isn't something I'm too concerned about - besides, jack boots don't suit me :ROTFL:

Cheers

Brian

kevinparis

true brian... I always saw you in stilettos and that off the shoulder sequinned number....

.... did I just type that out loud ?

:)

K

V

Vivek

Thank you, Brian!

I am very comfortable in my own skin. :)

BTW, any 3 year old can register and be a member in your outfit, as it stands now.

Hi Vivek, one of the reasons I still enjoy this place is for your quirky personality...

We're trying to build a community over there... not a prison, so enforcing rules isn't something I'm too concerned about - besides, jack boots don't suit me :ROTFL:

Cheers

Brian

V

Vivek

That is a major difference here. To register at getdpi you need to enter your D.O.B. and the administrator makes sure that you are an adult.

It is a matter of legal protection for the site/owners. Not a laughing matter.

wjlapier

That is a major difference here. To register at getdpi you need to enter your D.O.B. and the administrator makes sure that you are an adult.

It is a matter of legal protection for the site/owners. Not a laughing matter.
Off topic just a sec. My daughter wants her own Facebook page because all her friends have one. They are all around 10. 13 is the minimum for Facebook.

As you said, any 3 year old can join.

I forgot I was a member of that mu4/3 forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.