The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Psst ! I wanna tell you a story

T

tripper

My previous parrot shot here http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14275 was well received so i will try you with a few more. Hope i am not overdoing it with this post ?

All G1 & Leica 45mm macro

1. Psst ! I wanna tell you a story

I discovered afterwards they call this guy Mike Tyson cos he's prone to taking chunks out of ears :eek: Luckily I still have all my ear.

I took this by rotating the G1 screen.

2. Parrots to the rear

f5.6 1/1002 iso200

3. Nuts

f4 1/400s iso200

4. On the tongue.

f4 1/160s iso200

5. Up before the beak

f3.5 1/320s iso200

Thanks for looking.

tripper

photoSmart42

Wonderful!

Any reason you're shooting at ISO200? Does the G1 offer some advantage at ISO200 over ISO100? There was some discussion over something similar on the GF1 I think. Just curious.

T

tripper

Thanks guys,

photoSmart42 asked;

" Any reason you're shooting at ISO200? Does the G1 offer some advantage at ISO200 over ISO100? "

I have known cameras that squeeze a little more dynamic range out of iso200 over iso100, I cannot say I have noticed that on the G1.
I am quite happy with the IQ at iso200, the shutter speeds on these suggest I would have been ok at iso100 but a little extra shutter speed never hurts.

tripper

Bill Gordon

wunnerful, wunnerful Oly colour...ooops...it ain't an Oly!!
Great photographs and the colour and sharpness is absolutely great!!

Tim

My image is no where near in the league of these others above, I grabbed this with my GRD III, who thought a 28mm would get a bird image.

These are a friendly colourful bunch!

T

tripper

Brian Mosley said; " Tripper, thanks for sharing these... such gorgeous subjects... "

Thanks a lot Brian, and may I say at the risk of being over familiar, I like your parrot. :)

" These are a friendly colourful bunch! " Colourful indeed Tim.

tripper