The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tilt adaptor and shrooms

greypilgrim

Also from this past weekend, here are a couple mushroom shots from Henry Cowell State Park. These are taken with my tilt adaptor, Nikkor 20mm f3.5 and K-1 extension ring. The 20 and the tilt seem to be a perfect match, and along with the extension ring, you get some interesting closeup potential.

These mushrooms are tiny. The first was about as tall as a quarter standing on edge. The second is smaller than a dime.

The first caught my eye, and as I was setting up my shot, I saw this shiny green thing which I expected to be a banana slug (common in the area). I was surprised to see it was a mushroom as well.

Enjoy,

Doug

Ron Evers

The mushroom in the first shot is soft & I find my eye drawn to the fern-like leaf coming out of the lower right corner.

Diane B

Doug, you make me anxious to get one for myself. I occasionally watch his site--and remember that Pellicle mentioned that RJ/jinfinace might also have a tilt (or TS) adaptor.

You and I both like 'shrooms I guess LOL--this is one from late 2008 before I got my m43/rds. Its from 5D/45 f/2.8 TS (which I CAN shoot with on my m4/3rds but its long for most of my shooting on m4/3rds) with lens rotated.

Keep showing us what you are doing with this lens--I'm enjoying it.

Diane

scho

Doug, you make me anxious to get one for myself. I occasionally watch his site--and remember that Pellicle mentioned that RJ/jinfinace might also have a tilt (or TS) adaptor.

You and I both like 'shrooms I guess LOL--this is one from late 2008 before I got my m43/rds. Its from 5D/45 f/2.8 TS (which I CAN shoot with on my m4/3rds but its long for most of my shooting on m4/3rds) with lens rotated.

Diane
RJ said in a couple of weeks, but I think the Chinese may still be celebrating the New Year (everything shuts down for at least a week or two).

greypilgrim

Diane
Diane,
'Shrooms are hard for me to pass up. There is just something about them that makes me stop and shoot.

I really like your image, especially how you have set the focus. I am going to have to get more adventuresome with the focus. I am still tending to be too conservative with it.

The RJ adapter will be interesting, especially if it can shift as well. Course, I've recently blown my budget with the 7-14 and 20 (even at a discount, most of my discretionary funds...). I need to sell of some unused (unloved :) ) equipment...

Doug

greypilgrim

The mushroom in the first shot is soft & I find my eye drawn to the fern-like leaf coming out of the lower right corner.
Ron,
Well, I hate to say it, but that is what that particular mushroom is like; looking at the full image, it is "sharp"; it is just a soft surface. I could play with some localized contrast to see what I can pull out, but it gets over processed pretty fast.

I was actually trying (via tilt) to bring that tiny branch into focus (missed its tip by a bit) as I liked its angle up to the mushroom... So, it looks like I got your attention, but in the wrong way, oh well...

Thanks for the feedback,

Doug