The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The GH-1 and 14-140mm Lumix for Landscapes

Matix

Took a little ride on my bike out west of Brisbane last weekend, to my favourite spot to view the Scenic Rim area of SE Queensland. Had been shooting some JPG tests, and did not have the GH-1 set to Raw and JPG as I usually do, so this shot was JPG only.

I liked the way it turned out, the country looks great now that the drought is over in this area, and the native grass trees have flowered and look great.

Very happy with this camera and lens combo for daylight usage, I like the circular polarizer as well, makes the sky look great IMHO. Shot at 1/800sec, 400ISO, f5, Vibrant film mode and tweaked for contrast and light in ACDSee3.

C and C welcome of course.

Phil

B

boyzo

G'day Mate look's beaut. don't care about it being a jpeg
ye the 14 - 140 is a corker ... the grass trees must be very old ???

Matix

G'day Mate look's beaut. don't care about it being a jpeg
ye the 14 - 140 is a corker ... the grass trees must be very old ???
Thanks boyzo, yes the lens is a winner in many ways, certainly as good as the 18-200VR I had for the D300, if not better. And it is cheaper!! How old are the grass trees? hard to say as they seem to keep coming back stronger every year, we have had a serious drought in that area for several years, this year they seemed to have several flower stalks, last year or so one if any.

Phil

Matix

Nice job!

Thanks Jack, this combo seems to be forever surprising me, I took the kit on my last vacation to New Zealand, and do not think I missed any shots that I wanted, due to the lighter and smaller gear.

Thanks for the nice comment.

Phil