The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 110 lenses - Picture Thread

Jonas

It seems to me as one really need an adapter with an aperture mechanism for the Pentax 110 lenses. I'm pretty sure everything would be better if the lenses are stopped down, perhaps just one stop or so.

pellicle

I think Hubsand (the 16-9.net world cup referee) uses a Halogen lamp. That's probably as safe as an ordinary and sadly old fashioned bulb.
I know from my misspent youth in electronics that there is intensity change in tungsten bulbs too ... how much I can't say. I dunno how fast or otherwise phosphors really change and how much amplitude change there would be in the intensity cycle.

We are slower in Sweden btw, 50Hz sort of folks. :p
hmm ... well finland is probably the same ... I'm probably just thinking of Australia

Jonas

just did a quick add to what was there ...

its on the blog
I visited your blog and had a look. Different characters, no? I don't think the second flare test is to the Pentax lens' disadvantage. That sort of headlight intensive flare usually gets worse when stopping down.

Thank you for adding to the Pentax 110 lens knowledge.

Jonas

I know from my misspent youth in electronics that there is intensity change in tungsten bulbs too ... how much I can't say. I dunno how fast or otherwise phosphors really change and how much amplitude change there would be in the intensity cycle.
It's probably best to try with the tubes you have at home. Just take a series of images slowly changing the shutter time, use a bench or some other area evenly lit by the tube as target. My findings are that the tubes are the worst lights sources here in my apartment (about 1/15 sec is OK). Ordnary bulbs and halogen bulbs are OK. Energy savers are a mixed lot.

regards,

/Jonas

pellicle

Jonas

here is the first series

there seems to be less variation between the FD's but I can't really explain why the bottom row show consistently more blue in the tiles and less green.

I stood in the same place to take each image...

I think I need to review this test more carefully

Last edited:

pellicle

Hi

Different characters, no? I don't think the second flare test is to the Pentax lens' disadvantage. That sort of headlight intensive flare usually gets worse when stopping down.
me in all of them :)

interesting point about the headlight flare

thanks