The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aperture update for GF1 EP1 and EP2

M

Marty L.

The update for raw formats is now available. Among other cameras such as the X1 and M9 it includes the GF1, EP1 and EP2.

Z

Ziggie

Does anyone know if Aperture/iPhoto honors the opcodes in the raw files (camera native or DNGs) of micro 4/3 cameras. In other words correction of barrel distortion, CA and such. Thanks.

Ziggie

jonoslack

Does anyone know if Aperture/iPhoto honors the opcodes in the raw files (camera native or DNGs) of micro 4/3 cameras. In other words correction of barrel distortion, CA and such. Thanks.

Ziggie
HI There Ziggie
Good point - I've been looking at some shots with the 14-42 lens, and my gut reaction is:
lens correction - yes!
CA correction - no
However, the CA corrector in A3 is fab, and a little tweak will move anything the kitlens can produce away in a second.
:clap::clap:

dannh

Just FYI to anyone installing this update: Although the update did not require a restart, I had to restart my Mac before it would recognize my GF1 raw files as supported. At first I thought that maybe these files still weren't supported, but after a restart they open in Preview/iPhotot/Aperture just fine.

Z

Ziggie

HI There Ziggie
Good point - I've been looking at some shots with the 14-42 lens, and my gut reaction is:
lens correction - yes!
CA correction - no
However, the CA corrector in A3 is fab, and a little tweak will move anything the kitlens can produce away in a second.
:clap::clap:
Hi Jono,
Thanks for this info. BTW, didn't I see you strolling along the harbour in Chania with a Kodak SLRn Pro in your hand several years ago?

Ziggie