The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Relieved! No need for Noktor.

pellicle

thanks!

Sure. Here they are. Tried getting them about as close as possible in size and lighting (that was quite an task, but good practice). These are JPEGs from the camera, which means the 20/1.7 is corrected for SA/CA, while the 25/1.3 is not. GH1, ISO200, 1/160, PS4 PP (just auto-tone).
that is very helpful

what did the 25 set you back?

vignetting isn't too bad at that aperture, but I'm leaning towards the 20 for its integration with the rest of the camera.

pellicle

and is in very high demand because of its controlled sale numbers. ;)
I would add to that the following:

- net forums talking it up
- people going weak at the knees and saying "ouh ... its a twenty, that exotic in camera lenses
- absolutely no competition

V

Vivek

vignetting isn't too bad at that aperture, but I'm leaning towards the 20 for its integration with the rest of the camera.

That Pellicle is a key advantage of the Pana 20 over the rest. Not many ( I was shocked in the beginning but have resigned to that as being a fact of life) are willing to buy an adapter and tweak an existing lens to use it.

pellicle

That Pellicle is a key advantage of the Pana 20 over the rest. Not many ( I was shocked in the beginning but have resigned to that as being a fact of life) are willing to buy an adapter and tweak an existing lens to use it.
sure, but you know that's not me :)

3 different adaptors, on 3 different lenses (well, ok, two are C Mounts)

I love to sort out how and what and if its worth it and why ;-)

V

Vivek

All those 3 score 10+ for cuteness factor. I do not find them useful. YMMV.

photoSmart42

what did the 25 set you back?

I paid $20 USD for that 25/1.3, and it came with a CCTV camera (which I may use once I start playing around with photomicrography)! The ONLY complaint I have about this lens is that the aperture ring is a bit stiff, so there are times when the lens starts to turn out of the c-mount adapter when I change aperture. That should get fixed ones I get my mini lathe and start making my own m4/3 adapters. All in all, for what I paid for this lens I'm VERY happy.

I happen to like the vignetting effect of this lens. The 20 is nice, and I do use it occasionally, but mostly my wife takes it to use on her G1. The constant focus hunting of the lens (or whatever it's doing in auto mode) makes me put it in MF mode when walking around, which takes away the 'integration' advantages. Still, it has character, and I'm happy with it as well, especially since I got it pretty cheap.

-Dragos

pellicle

Hi

I happen to like the vignetting effect of this lens. The 20 is nice, and I do use it occasionally, but mostly my wife takes it to use on her G1. The constant focus hunting of the lens (or whatever it's doing in auto mode) makes me put it in MF mode when walking around, which takes away the 'integration' advantages.
to me the drag of MF on these lenses is that every time the camera power cycles off you loose your focus setting.