The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oly 4/3rds lens on E-P2 question...

jminor

If I were to use the 50mm f/2.0 Macro ED Zuiko Digital Lens for Olympus Digital Cameras (Four Thirds System) on my E-P2 would all the camera functions be available?? I've heard good things about this lens and my want to give it a try, but don't want to cripple my camera in doing so.....
Thanks,
John

jonoslack

If I were to use the 50mm f/2.0 Macro ED Zuiko Digital Lens for Olympus Digital Cameras (Four Thirds System) on my E-P2 would all the camera functions be available?? I've heard good things about this lens and my want to give it a try, but don't want to cripple my camera in doing so.....
Thanks,
John
It's fine, but the focusing is a bit slow . . . . if you don't already own it, think of the 45mm panasonic, which is wonderful, small, not quite as sharp but with much much better bokeh and focusing.

jminor

Being a macro lens I figured the focusing might be a bit slower, but I've read some nice reviews and user comments for this lens. Does anyone else have experience using this lens on a micro 4/3rds camera???

sarunas

The weak point of ZD 50 f/2 on mFT is auto-focusing: slow and sometimes inaccurate (AF is indicated by a green circle, not a dot on LCD, as for some other FT lenses when in CD AF mode). Optically though 50 f/2 is a superb lens. One just may have to focus it manually on current mFT cameras... I used it on E-P1.

jminor

I asked Olympus the same question. Here is their reply:
Thank you for contacting Olympus Technical Support.
Yes the 50mm f2.0 Macro ED Zuiko Digital Lens can be used with the EP-2. You will need the MMF-1 (Four/Thirds to Micro Four/Thirds) adapter.
All features of the lens and body are compatible and you will not see any loss of functionality.

V

vlatko

What they all said and:

From my brief use of E-P2, I'd say that FT lenses focus more accurately on it than on E-P1. Not faster, but more accurately. It's not a scientific test, just an impression. As I said, I had E-P2 just briefly.