The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looks like the leaks are starting G2/G10

vincechu

Thanks for the links Terry :)

If Pana brings a cam saying G2, it better be really G2 and not a G1 with gimmicks.
Agreed, I hope Panasonic break some ground, especially with the NX10 knocking on the door.

I also think Panasonic and Olympus will have to think about their pricing, could be lower but not at the expense of quality the NX10's priced very competitively in the UK:

NX10 + 18-55m + 30mm pancake = £600 (at Jessops UK)
G1 + 14-45mm = £449 or twin lens with the 45-200mm = £639
EP2 + 14-42mm + EVF = £900
EP1 + 17mm + 14-42mm + OVF = £740
GF1 + 20mm = £650
EPL1 + 14-42 = £550

I hope there's better ISO and IQ, hopefully a newer sensor - like the rumored back lit one mentioned on 43rumors. Otherwise it might be worth considering a GH1, especially as its now available body only

oh and speaking of 43rumors I cant seem to access their website - maybe they're busy updating?

Diane B

I haven't been online all day so missed most of this. Just saw one link and this interested me "Shoot the exact image the camera sees without switching the setting of the display" which I'm guessing means that the ramp up of the LCD/EVF may be changed somewhat. I'm trying to figure out how I feel about touch screen. I'm perfectly happy with a dial---and can't be sure just how one would work with "Intuitive operation such as AF/Shutter/Playback by touching the screen" while holding the camera up to one's eye. Maybe I'm not getting it yet LOL. I did notice 'touch MF assist' so they appear to have implemented something direct for the G2--and maybe not touch the dial as with the GF1 (which works fine).

This was the link I was looking at first http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wc...=15001&catalogId=13401&itemId=398513&index=1# but then tried the one here.

Diane

Last edited:

Winkel

(Snip) I did notice 'touch MF assist' so they appear to have implemented something direct for the G2--and maybe not touch the dial as with the GF1 (which works fine).

Diane
Good catch Diane - Though it's still speculation the 'touch MF assist' sounds like it would require a tap on the LCD . Hopefully the MF assist stays active when the EVF is desired for MF but this seems to add a redundant step.

I'm also a bit disappointed there's no remote flash control on the G2 as implemented in E-PL1. Has Panasonic done this with previous models?

Cheers!

Diane B

I just read a moment ago on 43rumors that some of the specs were incorrect LOL. They don't say which ones. I'm hoping that what Terry says is correct--that the 'touch' will turn to dials/buttons when using the EVF. I use the EVF almost totally with my G1 and 98% of the time with my GF1 and by now the buttons/dials are pretty intuitive and I haven't been able to see how the touchscreen would be used (except on tripod-which is fine with me) using the EVF. Not that I'm planning to upgrade either with the G2/G10 anyhow. It will take some changes in IQ (better DR, less noise in higher ISO's, etc.) for me to move up anytime soon.

Diane

Terry

I just read a moment ago on 43rumors that some of the specs were incorrect LOL. They don't say which ones. I'm hoping that what Terry says is correct--that the 'touch' will turn to dials/buttons when using the EVF. I use the EVF almost totally with my G1 and 98% of the time with my GF1 and by now the buttons/dials are pretty intuitive and I haven't been able to see how one would use them (except on tripod-which is fine with me) using the EVF. Not that I'm planning to upgrade either with the G2/G10 anyhow. It will take some changes in IQ (better DR, less noise in higher ISO's, etc.) for me to move up anytime soon.

Diane
Well since all of the buttons and dials are still there albeit in better locations :thumbup: I would assume they've figured this out. If the pictures are correct, adding the focus type to the focus mode dial will be a good change. The wheel on the back mixed/good (I'm used to the G1). the quick menu on back good.

The specs looked pretty right to me...the links were to Panasonic so not sure other than missing something what would be "wrong" with the specs.

Diane B

I don't know about what specs are wrong but they say that "Panasonic' has fed the wrong data and the pages have been changing--or something like that LOL. To quote them (4/3rds rumor)" The specs everybody is talking about are partially INCORRECT!
We from 43rumors can confirm you trough (sic) our trusted sources that some specs are completely wrong. Panasonic leaked us a non correct List of G2 and G10 specifications. I am sure that the leaked Panasonic page was just a work in progress page!"

And one of my best sources has a message for you: “PS: And tell your visitors the Touchscreen is cool ;-)

Yes, looks like dials/buttons are where they would/could be used just fine. In truth, I'm more interested in what the cameras will improve upon image wise. Otherwise for now, I'll stick with what I have and wait until Fall for PHotokina (likely will do that anyhow LOL).

apicius9

Still looks like I might skip this generation and wait to see what happens in the fall. With all the talk about the bodies, we haven't heard much about lenses. I wonder whether some of the new ones will also come out this weekend. I'm totally clueless what price to expect for the 100-300mm, that should be interesting, not that I am hopping up and down with anticipation...

Stefan