The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G2 and G10 announced

Diane B

Tony, I wonder if you had the chance to try the accessory EVF on the GF1 and can then compare IT to the G10 EVF (I really need to read the specs to get an idea too)--and I guess the G1/G2's. For the GF1 I almost always have to check the diopter on the EVF--but I can MF with it quite easily. Its not as good as the G1--but after using it since Sept I don't have any real problems with it. It took me several days to adjust from an OVF to an EVF--but I admit now that I generally prefer my G1's EVF to the OVF on my 5D--for more than one reason.

I don't do 'action'--so that makes a difference, but there is some understanding that the blackout with the EVF has been improved--which of course has nothing to do with 'fuzzy :).

Two interesting replies. Thank you.

You talk about the G10 EVF being more of a framing device. Good until you are doing portraits. I would be interested when others catch up with this thread and as to whether they'd be worried about just how 'fuzzy' it is. I actually felt the dioptre adjuster was not working properly on the two camera I tried.

I suppose you could work with the free eye open - but that depends on how you hold the camera.

Tony

Tony, I wonder if you had the chance to try the accessory EVF on the GF1 .
No, I did not bother. I don't want a detached viewfinder. A chum I met at Focus told me to look at the Olympus he had recently bought - but it had the accessory EVF. I hate it on the GRD2, but there was no option with the Ricoh.

Tony

iiiNelson

Tony, I wonder if you had the chance to try the accessory EVF on the GF1 and can then compare IT to the G10 EVF (I really need to read the specs to get an idea too)--and I guess the G1/G2's. For the GF1 I almost always have to check the diopter on the EVF--but I can MF with it quite easily. Its not as good as the G1--but after using it since Sept I don't have any real problems with it. It took me several days to adjust from an OVF to an EVF--but I admit now that I generally prefer my G1's EVF to the OVF on my 5D--for more than one reason.

I don't do 'action'--so that makes a difference, but there is some understanding that the blackout with the EVF has been improved--which of course has nothing to do with 'fuzzy :).
I believe the GF1 EVF and the G10 EVF have the same specs as they're both 207K pixels. The G1/G2 and EP2 all have 1.4 Megapixel EVF.

Diane B

Thanks for that--saves me checking :D That EVF would be okay with me for my needs (possible IR) since I do fine with the GF1's EVF. To be truthful, a lot would rest on price for me. I prefer the G1's EVF but since the G2 and G10 have a similar form with the grip and not the GF1's slimmer form, I might be better to upgrade my G1 to G2 and convert either the G1 or GF1--OR buy a used GF1 to convert to IR. That's not a bad plan either as IR would be peripheral and the smaller the cam to tuck in the better. I already have the EVF for it. Hmmmm......

I believe the GF1 EVF and the G10 EVF have the same specs as they're both 207K pixels. The G1/G2 and EP2 all have 1.4 Megapixel EVF.