The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EP2 + Pana 20mm + Grainy B&W Art Filter

swandy

Since I got the E30, the Grainy B&W has been my favorite filter.

And I really like the combination of the EP2 and the 20mm. Great for indoors/nighttime and low-light in general.

Taken at a Coliccho & Sons Restaurant (formerly Craft Steak) in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan.

Thanks for looking,
Steve

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Steve, fancy meeting you here....
I do raw all the time but sometimes I just use that filter because it comes out sooo great.... nice shot.....
shooter

B

bcostin

Nice! I would have liked to see a true "film look" in-camera option like this on the G1. Oh well.

I never thought I'd enjoy using in-camera filters, but Panasonic's "Dynamic B&W" mode changed my mind. It does a pretty nice job, but unfortunately it still requires post-processing to suit my tastes.

swandy

Thanks Street and BCostin for the kind words.
Yeah, I do get around the various m4/3 forums.
And I also do almost all of my processing in RAW but I really like the filters (MUCH more than I thought I would) because (1) they provide instant feedback of what the shot looks like processed, so you can try something else - this was actually the third shot from this part of the restaurant and (2) I am just either not good enough or not patient enough to learn to do some of this stuff in PS. (Probably why I prefer Lightroom with all the great presets that you can find and use.
Steve