The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any regrets not buying black?

I've lived with black cameras since I said goodbye to my Leicas.

If I were to add a G1 to my kit now might be the time to splash out on either red or blue (eat your heart out Henry Ford!).

Has anyone around here regretted buying, or not buying, a coloured body?

Tony

MRfanny

I was dead set on getting a red gh1 but there was fat chance of it being released here in Australia. I had even contemplated buying a grey market one just for the colour. In the end I got a black one and you know what, i'm glad i got it purely for the fact that it doesn't stick out like dogs nuts in the crowd and draw attention. If I could have my way I would take all the markings and branding off the camera and have it just plain black.

But saying that, if it came out in plated gold like the old contax, I'd easily change my mind ha....If only I could afford to stick that gold zeiss lens on my gh1...mmmm..droools.

Indeed. On the one hand you don't want to look like a pro and put people off. On the other you don't want to look like a chump.

All experiences welcome.

Tony

photoSmart42

I bought a blue G1, and I really like the color. Of course, I'm new to 'DSLRs' so I never had a traditional black camera. Almost bought the red one. A year later I bought the GH1, which happened to be the black model, and the G1 became my wife's camera. I have to say that I do like the black one better in terms of look. I think especially with this camera system, the black provides a nice background to showcase all those different lenses we can put on it.

Amin

I've a red G1 and a black GH1. No preference between the two. Color's not a factor when I pick one up to go out the door.

f6cvalkyrie

I have a blue G1 and often get positive comment about it.
Especially when I have the Zoom-Nikkor 50-300 on it :deadhorse:

C U,
Rafael

B

bronney

I leave my blacks to the DSLR hehe.. For fun it's hardcore chrome leica and white gf1 all the way baby!

T

tokengirl

I am planning on getting a pink GF1.
And a Hello Kitty camera bag.

J

johnnyhonk

I bought the Black and have had some remorse about 'not' buying the Red. But at the end of the day, I really should spend more time worrying about how to best use the equipment than what color it is.

I'm happy with the camera itself though :)

kwatro

My sister just got 'pink' GF1 from Japan. She also got panasonic pink half case also, It looks really good.

Ron Evers

No black only red & blue where I got mine so I reluctantly went with blue. It is subdued enough that it is not that noticeable.

Bumped as I am about to buy my second G1 body. My present one is black.

Six months since I opened this thread. Any fresh thoughts emerging?

Tony

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Bumped as I am about to buy my second G1 body. My present one is black.

Six months since I opened this thread. Any fresh thoughts emerging?

Tony
My first one is black. I took advantage of the low prices and bought a second one that was blue. No complaints, its low key and very stylish looking. It looks black in low light.

Keith

Lisa

To me, it's a tool. I don't care what color it is as long as it does the job well, and I don't care what other people think of it.

But then I'm weird in a lot of other ways too... :D

Lisa

Godfrey

I've lived with black cameras since I said goodbye to my Leicas.

If I were to add a G1 to my kit now might be the time to splash out on either red or blue (eat your heart out Henry Ford!).

Has anyone around here regretted buying, or not buying, a coloured body?
I had to look to remember what color my G1 was (blue) as I'd forgotten.
I look through cameras, not at them. :)

Paratom

I would prefer black if I had to use it - but thats me. Not that I think it would be of any importance-just a matter of personal taste.