The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Now we are talking!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I'm sorry and I apologize to you all for my next statement.
I know your all excited with this but....
If Moses saw that camera, there would be another commandment.
"Thou shalt not build cameras with Lensors"

Moses has/had more sense than that :lecture:

Prototypes always start of with ideas, followed by cardboard, instant glue, and gaffer tape. Moses would have done it with papyrus :salute::salute::salute:

Keith

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Lensor.

That is a perfect name for the Ricoh contraption.:thumbs:

Ricoh, take note at the momentary excitement this generated. And how about taking the modular approach a step further with a legacy lens module that has switchable mounting plates?

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Ya know all the good folks over the small sensor forum will be sending out the lynch mob shortly.... I know I'm first on the list.....

Lensor.....Gotta love it..... contraption.....you guys are great....

clay stewart

If Ricoh could make one with a small but excellent built in viewfinder/rangefinder, without making it look like a DSLR, I think that would be perfect.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Clay, That would be a great camera. I don't think anyone but Leica could do it.
Maybe some kind of digital range finder. I think the viewing and a focus scale is the real issue. The GF2 mock up, add a focus scale and that's real close to a perfect all around camera..... I'm not holding my breath.
Ricoh makes a very elegant interface. This camera just doesn't show elegance at all.

douglasf13

Hmm...why can't someone like Ricoh make a standard, fast lens like the 28mm f2.5 shown above, but have it small at rest and extend out when powered up, like so many of the zooms? The current standard lens module for the GXR is too bulky, IMO.