The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF2 or... with built in EVF??

Diane B

I'm not one to pass on rumors much, but since this has been discussed so often, thought I would pass this one on. Its the top story in 43rumors (rumors--that's the defining word here LOL) but is about a new patent (with the US patent number) and may prove interesting. It shows a GF1 like body and where an EVF could be placed--even tiltable as the external EVF is now. I'd like this.

http://43rumors.com/

photoSmart42

That would truly make for a nice companion camera to a GHx system. Having the need for an external EVF on these compacts has kept me from seriously considering one. I could take that along on my location scouting walks where I routinely take quick snapshots of interesting subjects to see if that's something I'd want to come back and spend some time on composing for a better photo.

V

Vivek

I am still trying to figure out if the G2 would have a newer sensor compared to the G1.

If anything comes with a built in EVF and not "optional" ones, it would always be useful. :)

vincechu

Doesn't it look remarkably similar to the Panasonic L1 and Leica digilux3 ;-) It would be awesome if Leica suprised us and joined m4/3 by sharing the body with Panny.... but it aint gonna happen...

I'd love to see it turn out to be a rangefinder look-a-like m4/3

Last edited:

apicius9

Ooohh, this with a little better ISO performance than the current ones, one-button manual focusing and the flexible GH1 sensor concept would definitely make me an early adopter...

Stefan

Tim

Ditto on what monza and Kewk said.

I still can't see why Leica couldnt test the waters with just a few MF high grade M style lenses in 4/3 mount. I'm sure they would sell some! Maybe redesigns of the Summarits?

Thanks Diane

wells_dc

I would like to replace my Digilux 2 with a smaller, higher res, multi-lens camera that looks a lot like this (in my dreams).