The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 and wide angle lenses

Audii-Dudii

I have ... sort of. My version of the CV 12mm lens is actually the NLA Nikon F-mount version, so I have to use two adapters instead of just one, but the lens works well most of the time. I have occasionally experienced some minor corner smearing with it, butost of the time, this isn't an issue. This is also true of vignetting, which I typically apply to most of my images anyway.

The only drawbacks are that I have to stop down to f8 to achieve adequate sharpness across the frame, which greatly increases the length of my nighttime exposures, and the fact the lens and adapters together are surprisngly heavy, which makes the combo uncomfortable to use for handheld photography after a while.

As a result, now that I have both the Olympus 7-14 and 14-35 zooms, I find I don't use it very often and am suspecting I will sell it soon.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I tried my CV12mm on my G1 when I first got it a year and a half ago. I was under-whelmed by the result. I find the Panasonic 7-14 to be a much better lens on the G1.