The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which image do you prefer?

K

Kevin_b1

This image was taken using the GF1 and 45mm Leica lens.

I have converted the original colour image to Black and White but I have to admit my BW conversion is not that great (Any tips gratfully received).

Feel free to to do your own conversion if there are improvements to be done.

Which do you prefer the colour or BW image?

Regards

Kevin

simonclivehughes

Kevin,

My preference would be to have more DOF for this image. Without it, and because the bulk of the flower lacks definition, there's little for the viewer to focus on. With more DOF and a bit better definition, I think the B&W would work nicely.

You might try to work with curves to see if you can enhance the contrast and maybe try a bit more sharpening and see if that helps the B&W.

Cheers,

Try this one:

I copied the color layer, converted to B&W in PS Elements, applied NeatImage to reduce noise, then selectively sharpened the tip of the flower with USM. I also bumped up the contrast (maybe too much?).

Reed

K

Kevin_b1

Taken a few of the comments and tried again this time sharpened the image and added a fair amount of contrast.

Not sure if it is any better.

Regards

Kevin