The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ERCSAM Cine lenses for m4/3?

A

Alan Ang

hi, just like to ask the experts here whether there's any way that we can connect the ERCSAM Cine lenses to m4/3?

A

Alan Ang

anyone here has any experience with ERCSAM Cine lens?

A

Alan Ang

does anyone here has experience or some knowledge of ERCSAM lens?

camping

you might consider showing a photo of the lens as it might be a private branded lens that might be identified by the image.

Jonas

Alan, searching info about Ercsam lenses on the Net provides nothing byt lenses for 8 and maybe 9.5mm film. Have you found a lens you think would work with a 13x17.3mm sensor?

LCT

I had a 'Reflex 8' in the sixtees. There were no Ercsam lenses then if memory serves. Mine had a Schneider Variogon zoom lens but Angénieux zoom lenses were used on that camera as well (pic below).

A

Alan Ang

this is the lens that i found online... "Angenieux 9-36/1.4 K3 en monture ERCSAM"
the seller claimed that it can be c-mounted... but he's not english speaking perhaps and i may not have grasped his full meaning as he might have meant to say lots of machining may be required or something of similar...

attached is the only picture i have from him... can't see the base of the lens to know for sure of the mount type...

anyone has any idea if we can do anything to modify this lens for c-mount? it looks like a great piece of lens to me...

LCT

Ercsam made only 8mm and 9.5mm cameras if i remember well so i doubt any of their lenses can cover the 4/3 format.

A

Alan Ang

Ercsam made only 8mm and 9.5mm cameras if i remember well so i doubt any of their lenses can cover the 4/3 format.
you reckon there's no chance whatsoever to make it usable? :(

A

Abbazz

The Angenieux 9-36 zoom was designed for 8mm movie cameras. I doubt very much it would be of any use on a Micro 4/3rds camera:

Cheers!

Abbazz

A

Alan Ang

i dun mind serious vignetting... just wanna put it to some use... i wonder how difficult it is to machine a mount for it.

A

Abbazz

i dun mind serious vignetting... just wanna put it to some use... i wonder how difficult it is to machine a mount for it.
We're not talking about serious vignetting here! You would only get a tiny circular image in the middle of the frame with a very thick black border. 8mm movie cameras have an image size of 4.8 x 3.5 mm, while Micro 4/3rds camera have an image size of 17.3 x 13 mm. I doubt the Angénieux zoom at its widest setting has an image circle much bigger than 7 mm but it would need 22mm to cover the Micro 4/3rds frame.

Cheers!

Abbazz

A

Alan Ang

We're not talking about serious vignetting here! You would only get a tiny circular image in the middle of the frame with a very thick black border. 8mm movie cameras have an image size of 4.8 x 3.5 mm, while Micro 4/3rds camera have an image size of 17.3 x 13 mm. I doubt the Angénieux zoom at its widest setting has an image circle much bigger than 7 mm but it would need 22mm to cover the Micro 4/3rds frame.

Cheers!

Abbazz
arrgh... ok... looks like it will be junked afterall...

photoSmart42

arrgh... ok... looks like it will be junked afterall...
You can always try reverse mounting it to use as a macro lens if you're intent on giving it some life beyond it's intended (and now obsolete) use. Only need a reverse mount filter thread for that as the adapter.

A

Alan Ang

You can always try reverse mounting it to use as a macro lens if you're intent on giving it some life beyond it's intended (and now obsolete) use. Only need a reverse mount filter thread for that as the adapter.
that is an excellent idea! i'll look into this asap... :)