The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

4/3->Micro 4/3 adapter: worth doing?

Peter Klein

I have the old (and very good) 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5 tele zoom for standard 4/3. I could pick up the Panasonic 4/3 to Micro 4/3 adapter ($115 at B&H) so I could use the lens with my G1. I realize that it would not autofocus, nor would it be image stabilized.

The question is, would it be worth doing? Has anyone adapted one of the longer 4/3 lenses to the G1 via one of these adapters, and how did it work out for you?

--Peter

sarunas

4/3 to m4/3 adapters work as expected... Contrast-detect AF speed and accuracy depend on the particular lens being adapted. If you like the lens, then it's definitely worth a try on m4/3.

Tullio

I really like my G1 but it is very unfortunate that 1) it does not accept all Zuiko 4/3 lenses in terms of AF (with the adpater) and 2) it does not have IBIS. To me #2 is a killer when using long FL lenses. Unless you have other Zuiko lenses that will work properly with the adapter, I suggest you buy a non-electronic 4/3 to m4/3 adapter on eBay. It will work with the 40-150mm lens you have just the same as the electronic $114 adapter and cost you less than 1/2 the price.