The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Walk-about with Sears 80-200/4.0

Ron Evers

Took these this morning by our ponds.

1. Red squirrel

2. Red squirrel

3. Reflection

4. First wildflowers

5. This pic does not present as I had hoped. :(

Matix

Great shots Ron, particularly like #2 and #3, that squirrel is a cheeky little guy, you did well to focus and capture, they do not stay still for very long if I remember.

phil

Matix

I agree Ron, funny how portrait photographers are happy if one eye is in focus, but others critique that a hair on a dog or squirrel is not perfect. My only critique of that nature is that the bullrushes shot is no good for me, needs several red wing blackbirds on it... <grin> Love those birds, and they are even harder to get close to and in a shot.

Thanks, I miss Canada after living there for 25 years, nice to see the images you put up.

Phil

Ron Evers

needs several red wing blackbirds on it... <grin> Love those birds, and they are even harder to get close to and in a shot.

Tell me about it. :) I have been attempting to get a shot of a male with the red wing flash showing for two weeks now without success. The buggers keep deep in the trees (cedars) calling out their territory but seldom in full view.

Glad the pics give you fond memories. :)