The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I did it again.

Ron Evers

Bought another Sears lens on e-bay for $11.50; this time a 50mm f2.0. Here are the first pics with it of a weed called Coltsfoot.

1. Wide open @ f2.0

2. Wide open again with a 12mm extension tube.

3. f5.6 & 12mm extension tube.

I used a gorilla pod, 2 way focus rail & self timer.

F

frendakfurnari

I didn't see what you did the first time but I think these look great and not just for an $11 lens. 50s are wonderful in that respect as it's hard to find a bad one. Though the angular look of the out of focus areas is out of vogue these days I find it has its place and like it particularly in the last shot where you stopped down a bit more and the diaphragm ghosts only show up in the upper corners.

Ron Evers

Thanks frendakfurnari. It certainly is an interesting background pattern. I have another 50mm coming that I paid 4 times the price for, a Minolta 50/1.4 that gets great reviews.

I really like the fact I can play around with old glass on the G1 without spending much money.

paparazzi666

Bought another Sears lens on e-bay for $11.50; this time a 50mm f2.0. Here are the first pics with it of a weed called Coltsfoot.

Gosh thats cheap. I would think the adapter cost more than that.
the people that are benefitting the most on the m43 bandwagon are the adapter makers..haha.

i agree with you, there are so many lenses out there to mount onto the m43 camera, its almost infinite.
the only problem with m43 is finding fast wide prime lenses AND fast compact zooms.

c mount lenses can fill this gap but there is usually vignetting, though some vignette less than others.