The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 Macro.. what a bargain.

The photo below was taken with the GF1 and the Macro Minolta Celtic 50mm f/3.5. Shutter speed was 1/80 ISO was 2000.

As you can tell by the ISO and shutter speed there was not much light but the early morning light gives a wonderful hue. The shot was hand held because I didn't take the tripod out of the car and I wasn't walking back a quarter of a mile to get it. It could have been sharper but I'm satisfied with the look of this one.

The lens cost me $34 on eBay. A real bargain in my opinion.

biglouis

Very good indeed. I bet there is still room for a little more post-processing sharpening but it still demonstrates what a great lens/camera combination you have.

Personally, I quite like the grain at higher iso with the GF1. It looks more like film grain than digital sensor noise as is the case here.

Which lens mount adapter are you using?

LouisB

beamon

I'll say!

But, like all the really good photographers out there, Jim, you are able to extract interesting and captivating images from whatever you have access to at the time. Nice job!

Howard

Jim,

You made your new (er old) lens sing. Beautiful photo. Although not as good as yours, I took the following with my G1 and a FD50 3.5 macro.

Last edited: