The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Adapter Brand for Nikon Lenses?

M

Mogman

Hi:
Just joined last night and have been searching the archives. I am about to buy a m43 camera--probably the G1 and want to use my MF Nikon lenses. I know there are several brands of adapters with a wide range of prices. Is there any reason to pick one brand over another?

Thanks for your opinions.
Mogman

W

Wesson

Mogman,

I use the Novaflex Nikon adapter. In the U.K. this is a rather hefty £170/£180. Yes it works fine. But the lens release button/lever is a bit cheap and nasty and the mount is easily turned on the camera body when changing lenses. It can be used with G lenses but in a very hit and miss, guess at the aperture game. But as I say, it works, would I buy it again? No, I would look around at comments on this and other sites and try buying one on Ebay for £20/£40 but check that the cheaper one does provide the aperture control, some don't.

simonclivehughes

I have the very cheap Fotodiox one that fits onto the Panny M4/3-to-4/3 adapter. It's no-frills (no aperture adjustment) but works well. If you already have the Panny adapter, it's worth a look.

Cheers,

D

dazedproductions

I have the fotodiox one (micro 4 thirds, no aperture adjustment-all my lenses have aperture rings). Works perfectly well, decent quality construction.