The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photo/Laptop Backpack Recommendations

RonSmith

I am looking for a backpack that will hold a 14" laptop along with an adequate arsenal of m4/3 gear (G1 and/or GF1 with 3-4 lenses, and flash). It would be primarily for traveling, so I don't have to carry both a camera bag and a computer case separately. I don't want a bag that is too big.

I have been looking through the offerings of Tenba, Lowepro, Tamrac, Kata, etc. Ideally, I would prefer a product that is made in the US.

Any suggestions?

D

dazedproductions

I recommend Crumpler. I don't have one for m43 but I have a full photo one for my DSLR kit. Can take a lot of weight and is very comfortable.

Terry

I recently got the ThinkTank shape shifter backpack. The interesting thing about the shape shifter is its expandability and more importantly slim down. You need to have a look at it to see how it works but, I found with my m4/3 gear I could use the backpack in the collapsed position which made it very streamlined and small. Best to have a look at it because it is definiltely made differently and I'm sure some people would not like it.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/shape-shifter-backpack.aspx

Rich M

Ron.....I am a huge fan of my KATA bag.....the DR-467.

I have had it for three years and it's pretty bulletproof. Fits my 15"MBP...in a nice padded sleeve, has a central compartment for a light jacket and water bottle....the bottom compartment easily holds my E-P2 and lens....plus four other lenses.

Here is a video (not mine) to show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlHpDh_VU9M

R