The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What is the best mf 35mm lens to put on a GF1

W

Wesson

This is one reason I question pixel peeping on the web isn't a very good way of accessing lens performance These files are from Jpegs not Raw, automatically sharpened and reduced to 50kb from the original 28Mb. And this is the 14-45mm at f5.6. So bearing in mind this and the fact I am the village idiot I don't reckon it's bad.

I really must dust that model.

Whatever, doing this has shortened the day a bit.

Doesn't C/Y stand for Contax/Yashica?

RonSmith

I've had a 35 Summicron v. IV since 1984 that I like very much with both my G1 and GF1.

This was taken with the Summicron on my G1

R

richie15

Ron, that is the kind of sharpness I am after. Thanks for your post.

monza

Please dont take offence and I have seen your stunning images with the Zeiss but I am not sure I can get on with your adapter. If I was closer I would love the opportunity to try it out.
Closer? Where are you?

If not my adapter, any adapter. The Zeiss is that good, and can't be beat on price either.

R

richie15

Closer? Where are you?

If not my adapter, any adapter. The Zeiss is that good, and can't be beat on price either.
The UK I am afraid, I have seen the images of the 45mm as well :toocool:

R

richie15

By the way, Richie, Monza (aka Robert) is a first rate gentleman and a pleasure to do business with.
Thanks Ron, I think the Zeiss is a good call, I am just not 100% about having the wheel on the adapter.

D

dazedproductions

Closer? Where are you?

I am one of the Londoners and your welcome to have a play with the adapter when it arrives if you can get to London. Don't have the 45 but have the 35 and the 90mm to play with.

R

richie15

I am one of the Londoners and your welcome to have a play with the adapter when it arrives if you can get to London. Don't have the 45 but have the 35 and the 90mm to play with.
That sounds fantastic if you dont mind, I will drop you a pm.