The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF-1 EVF --

mark1958

One issue that really frustrates me with the GF-1 viewfinder is that it is so easy to knock off the camera. I cannot tell you how many times I have almost lost mine. Now i am noticing the focus is off and even with the diopter adjustment I cannot get the image or recorded information into good focus.

I suspect I can send it in for repair. I hope panasonic will provide a safety lock once the viewfinder is put into place.

C

Chuck A

The GF1 EVF is usable but still a disappointing piece of equipment. The resolution is low and it's a bit flimsy. I hope Panny brings out a replacement.

Chuck

CPWarner

My thought is that if you use the EVF a lot, a G1/G2/G10/GH1 might make more sense than the GF1. I think it is ok, but the G1 EVF is definite step up.

RichA

Re: GF-1 EVF -- Is a poor viewfinder

One issue that really frustrates me with the GF-1 viewfinder is that it is so easy to knock off the camera. I cannot tell you how many times I have almost lost mine. Now i am noticing the focus is off and even with the diopter adjustment I cannot get the image or recorded information into good focus.

I suspect I can send it in for repair. I hope panasonic will provide a safety lock once the viewfinder is put into place.
For me, this harkens back to my constant losing of eyecups and diopter correctors with the old Olympus SLRs.

The current viewfinder is basically, a joke. Except for when you are in bright sunlight and the LCD is washed out, it serves no purpose, it is nearly useless because of its low resolution for focusing manual lenses, compared to the Olympus EVF or the G1's built-in EVF. A plain optical viewfinder would be as much use. I honestly wish they'd amend the GF1 to take a decent one, much as I wish Olympus would do away with their 4 years out of date 230k LCD resolution.

W

Wesson

Using mine yesterday for some test shots with M/F lenses mine nearly ended up not on the floor, but in the bin.

I am bowled over with the GF1, but this EVF is so bad that I am going to forget the " Any lens" interchangeability, what made it worse was the Sun was shining and all I could see in the LCD was my face, and that's not to be recommended. So, 20mm, 14-45mm ( giving me ( 28mm,35mm,50mm,90mm and all station in-between). Five optical finders, and leave the camera set to idiot mode. Then all we want is Panasonic Olly to introduce a 10mm prime and that EVF could be put out to pasture............in the wheelie bin.

Wesson

W

Wesson

No I haven't but it looks very clumsy. And yes at least with the EVF you don't have to adopt that supplication to the Gods posture.