The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Experimenting.

Ron Evers

I took a Vivitar 24/2.8 close focusing lens & coupled it with a Vivitar 2x tele-converter to take the following two pics. They were shot with about 6"/15cm between subject & front of lens.

1. Forget-me-nots

2. Marsh Marigolds/Cowslips

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Ron,
I'm actually surprised. There seems to be more DOF than I thought you would have that close...
you must have been at 5.6-8 or thereabouts.

Ron Evers

Thanks Guys.

The lens is a Vivitar 24mm, f2.8, Macro 1:5x which I got in January for $40 NEW at a shop going out of business. I am reluctant to call it a macro lens but prefer to say close focusing. To be honest, I have been favorably impressed with this cheap lens from the get-go.

I do not recall what aperture I used as I did quite a few shots of each subject with different settings & selected these as best of shoot.