The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First major (US) G2 review

"but with an 8G card that's 550 .RW2 exposures right there, about the same as the number of exposures before power is exhausted. "

What a wise observation. Here I am thinking of swopping my 4 gigs for 16's. How much more logical to carry the same number of spare cards as batteries - and do both at the same time. By the way, what is the situation on using third party batteries on the G1 at the moment?

Tony

Godfrey

"but with an 8G card that's 550 .RW2 exposures right there, about the same as the number of exposures before power is exhausted. "
What a wise observation. Here I am thinking of swopping my 4 gigs for 16's. How much more logical to carry the same number of spare cards as batteries - and do both at the same time. By the way, what is the situation on using third party batteries on the G1 at the moment?

Tony
thanks. i plan to buy two more 8G cards, and I think one of them is going to be an Eye-Fi Pro card for wireless upload capability during a tabletop or portrait shoot.

BestBatt.com carries no-name batteries compatible with all G1 firmware revisions for $23@:
http://www.bestbatt.com/Panasonic_DMW_BLB13_Battery_p/bbblb13.htm

I've been using their batteries and chargers for my Panasonic L1 for years ... They work identically to the OEM batteries and have lasted just as long (I bought two of them almost literally two weeks after I bought the L1). Good stuff. need to get another batt for the G1 (have two OEM) and a spare charger ... I hate not having spares.

Y.B.Hudson III

Reviewers seem to miss the most important new feature...an improved light well with better clearance for alternative lenses...:)

V

Vivek

Reviewers seem to miss the most important new feature...an improved light well with better clearance for alternative lenses...:)
If it is there, it does not show with the new kitzzoom on it. ;)

In the NX10 the shutter is much closer to the sensor plane.

larryk

W is a really bad naming letter. X and Z's are real "high tech" but now totally over used. What to do. ABC's remind us too much of school. How about "Code Blue," followed by a more advanced camera called "Code Opel" They could copy the wine houses and give up on American's trying to remember actual wine names. They've gone to things like, "Green Lizard" and "Your Mama's toes," and so forth. Helps everyone remember which wine they liked. Sounds crazy but I'm sure it's working well with the under 30 crowd. I want to buy a new "Blue Code" 64 megapixel Panasonic spy camera that takes Leica and Zeiss lenses.