The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MF Zoom Assist

R

richie15

I have both a GF1 and G1 and enjoy using MF lenses.

On the GF1 I can depress the thumb wheel and this acts as a zoom which helps me get exact focus. I have tried looking for the same setting on the G1 but cant find out how to activate this. Is this feature on the G1 or is this something which is just on the GF1?

photoSmart42

Sometimes it actually DOES help to read the manual =). In my GH1 manual, they describe the manual focus assist (MF Assist) function on page 80. I don't know the page number for the G1.

"MF ASSIST
If [MF ASSIST] (P129) of [CUSTOM MENU] menu is set to [OFF], an enlarged screen will
not be displayed as MF assist, even if focus ring is rotated. To display the MF assist, press < and then press [MENU/SET] for enlarged display."

R

richie15

Sometimes it actually DOES help to read the manual =). In my GH1 manual, they describe the manual focus assist (MF Assist) function on page 80. I don't know the page number for the G1.

"MF ASSIST
If [MF ASSIST] (P129) of [CUSTOM MENU] menu is set to [OFF], an enlarged screen will
not be displayed as MF assist, even if focus ring is rotated. To display the MF assist, press < and then press [MENU/SET] for enlarged display."
mmm, slightly different to the GF1 but thanks works all the same.

simonclivehughes

You can develop a quite fast solution for this by using the left-side of your thumb to hit the left button and the rolling your thumb onto the middle button. I think all of us are hoping that Panny will eventually implement this into the G1 & GH1 firmware though.

Cheers,