The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-PL1 + VF-2 + Firmware 1.1 Question

Terry

Firmware 1.1 says you can choose to show the menus or image review on the LCD and not in the finder. What isn't clear is how to set that up. Help Please! :p

This is from the Oly site:

VIEWFINDER/LCD SIMULTANEOUS PLAYBACK FUNCTION
This upgrade also brings additional display functionality to the E-P2 and E-PL1 cameras when fitted with the VF-2 Electronic Viewfinder. Photographers using these combinations can now view menu and recorded images on the LCD while the VF-2 Electronic Viewfinder is in use.

Y.B.Hudson III

Run the upgrade and you get the function...I can't find a way to opt out of it.

With the VF-2 functioning, the review and menu options appear on the LCD; You can transfer them to the VF-2 by pressing the VF-2 activation button on an on demand basis.

Terry

I got it from Brian over at DPReview. The firmware description is misleading. Leads you to believe that simultaneous means "at the same time" which it isn't

Actually it isn't automatic unless you set the REC VIEW to auto.

Getting the review image to come up on the LCD is really slow. You are already back on live view in the EVF before it comes up on the LCD. The menus are really useful but I think it is all or nothing.

Y.B.Hudson III

Unless you enjoy missing shots, err and...getting mauled, mugged or trampled by the subjects of your attention... I recommend the REC OFF setting. :)

Last edited: