The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Slow 25mm lenses in c-mount?

V

Vivek

I know a few fast/super fast lenses in this focal length range. Now, for a particular application I am looking for the slow ones- more specifically those with filter threads as small as possible. Yes, they also need to cover the m4/3rd frame adequately.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

kds315

Taylor Hobson made a 1" in f3.5 that is rather small.
Also small is the Steinheil Quinon 25mm f1.5, filter thread is 34mm
ditto teh Cooke Kinic 25mm f1.5, filter thread ca 23.5mm
The I have Dallmeyer Super-Six Anastigmat 1" f4 ca 18mm filter thread (tiniest lens!)

Last edited:
V

Vivek

The Cooke Kinic 1" and the Dallmeyer 1" f/4 appear to be approaching what I would to have in a filter thread size. Thanks, Klaus.

Though I have immense interest in the Steinheil Quinon 25/1.5, the filter thread is even larger than that of the Xenoplan 25/1.9 (30.5mm), for example.

Pentax Auto 110's 25mm f/2.8 also has a tiny filter but that lens isn't very useful with its fixed diaphram.

V

Vivek

Hi Jerry, I have managed to procure a few high tech polarizing filters (IR) and related things. Unfortunately, despite their prohibitive costs (of the order of a Kinoptik 25/2 for each), they are very small- 10mm to 25mm in diameter.

Hence the need.

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Vivek !

I measured my Super Comat 25/1.9 and it seems to have a filter size just below 24mm, maybe the same as the Cooke ?

C U
Rafael

V

Vivek

Thanks, Rafael! I will add that to the list of possibilities.:)

JerryMK

Hi, Vivek !

I measured my Super Comat 25/1.9 and it seems to have a filter size just below 24mm, maybe the same as the Cooke ?

C U
Rafael
Hi Vivek, thanks for the info. Looking forward for the results! PS, I have the Super Comat 25/1.9 for sale. If you are intersted send me a PM. I live near A'dam :)

V

Vivek

Well, as luck would have it, I found an uncoated Cooke 25/2.7. Has ~14mm filter threads and covers the frame fully at infinity.

Hazy ("dreamy" :confused:) projections. :ROTFL:

D

duckrider

Hi Vivek,
c mount Tamron 3,9/75 mm has Filter diameter 25,5mm.
Covers mFT format completely.

I know, it's a bit far from 25mm, but a nice lens!

Can You find it in the pic?:grin:

V

Vivek

Thanks, Duckrider!

Your Rollei Sonnar adaptation looks very nice (any pics using that?)!:thumbs:

I have a Rollei B Triotar (camera dead) that I should covert one of these days.

kds315

Hi Jerry, I have managed to procure a few high tech polarizing filters (IR) and related things. Unfortunately, despite their prohibitive costs (of the order of a Kinoptik 25/2 for each), they are very small- 10mm to 25mm in diameter.

Hence the need.
Well, just out of curiosity, what are your plans to achieve with those??

V

Vivek

Well, just out of curiosity, what are your plans to achieve with those??
I have to work out how to mount the filters so that they can mount on the lens and also allow rotation so that it will allow control of polarization. That is the plan.

D

duckrider

Thanks, Duckrider!
Your Rollei Sonnar adaptation looks very nice (any pics using that?)!:thumbs:
I have a Rollei B Triotar (camera dead) that I should covert one of these days.
Hello Vivek:
a couple of years ago I demounted a broken Rollei A26. Wantet to use the lens for astronomical eyepice, but it did not work.
Found that lens some moths ago and decided to adapt it with cs/c mount rings and a brass tube to my G1.
But picture quality is worse! Unfortunately the lens is fixed at 3,5, there is no diaphragm build in.
Enclosed I post a comparison:
first is the Sonnar, second is made with Pana Zomm 14-45 at approx same focal length (max aperture 5,6).
These Pana Lenses are little gems, even the 14-45er is quite sharp!
kind regards
Thomas

V

Vivek

Thanks for the pics, Thomas. :)

Yes, totally agree on the quality of the Pana lenses. :thumbs: