The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic Leica 14-150mm on GF1

J

JohnW

I searched on this lens but found no threads. If you are using it on a GF1, can you share your experience and impressions. Do AF, metering, and other functions work OK? What adapter would you suggest? Anything special I should be aware of? Thanks.

John

seakayaker

I searched on this lens but found no threads. If you are using it on a GF1, can you share your experience and impressions. Do AF, metering, and other functions work OK? What adapter would you suggest? Anything special I should be aware of? Thanks.

John
I do not have the Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH.

I do have the Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-50mm / F3.8-5.6 ASPH. and use the panasonic DMW-MA1 mount adaptor. You will need the panasonic adaptor if you want to have all the auto features and functions. I picked up the adaptor from B&H photo online.

I love the lens and the quality of the photos it produces with the GF1.

Sample photos can be seen at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26672618@N03/sets/72157623972893180/

Blue on Blue

DMC-GF1 - LEICA D VARIO-ELMAR 14-50mm - ISO 100 - 14mm - f/5.6 - 1/250

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Terry

Everything works just fine with the lens (AF/aperture) Sharper than the 14-140. My copy definitely has zoom creep (zoom will extend if the lens is face down). I'm traveling so no shots with it to post.

B

boyzo

John
Excellent lens, the best 10X zoom.

Expensive ~$1300 US ex Japan

With the GF1 AF is very fast and nearly so on the Pen's, it is NOT as fast in AF as the 14-140.

Compared to the old PL 14-50 f2.8 its very much faster in AF (on the Pens) no AF for this lens on GF1

It behaves just like a m43 native lens in terms of exposure accuracy (no downside here) being a 43 lens its BIG and HEAVY build is excellent as are all PL 43 or m43 lenses.

A few pics here
http://boyzo.smugmug.com/Flowers/PL-14-150/12043493_y8LWP#854823084_vKgxz

seakayaker

African Daisy

GF1 with LEICA D VARIO-ELMAR 14-50mm f/3.8 - 5.6 -- ISO 100 -- f/10 -- 1/100 -- 50mm

I took a few shots on this cool and rainy day with the Panasonic Leica D lens and just wanted to put in another plug for the 'Leica D' series lens. They produce some great photo . . . . .

I do not think you will be disappointed with the purchase.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
[/CENTER]

J

JohnW

Thanks everyone. Terry, I ordered one yesterday--a demo. They are very hard to find in stock. I'll confirm on Tuesday and PM you if there are any problems getting it.

John

D

denzilorton22

African Daisy

GF1 with LEICA D VARIO-ELMAR 14-50mm f/3.8 - 5.6 -- ISO 100 -- f/10 -- 1/100 -- 50mm

I took a few shots on this cool and rainy day with the Panasonic Leica D lens and just wanted to put in another plug for the 'Leica D' series lens. They produce some great photo . . . . .

I do not think you will be disappointed with the purchase.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
[/CENTER]

I think that It had good pixel and also epic lence. If you have specified your camera photos Then People have verified it very well. I liked also graphics result. I wish that I will want see your camera.

J

JohnW

Thanks, everyone. I did purchase this lens. It is an impressive lens indeed, but I decided to return it. It's just too large and heavy for me personally.

John