The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medal of Honor Memorial - University of Washington - Seattle

seakayaker

Medal of Honor Memorial - University of Washington

GF1 with Lumix G 20mm f/1.7 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/1300 -- 20mm

Father Reviewing List of Names with Daughter

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/1300 -- 90mm

Name of the Eight University of Washington Students who are Medal of Honor Recipients

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/1000 -- 90mm

Today we celebrated Memorial Day in the United States and I paid a visit to the UW Campus Medal of Honor Memorial. The University of Washington dedicated a memorial this past November on Veterans Day to the eight students who have attended the University and have been awarded the Medal of Honor.

The row of trees in the long drive leading up to the MOH memorial are part of a World War I memorial and behind the photographer is a flag pole with a circular bronze plaque with 500+ name of students who served in World War II.

While there I had the opportunity to speak with one of the students (now a graduate student) who was an active participant in four year process it took to move through student government and school administration to have this memorial approved then built.

. . . . . thanks . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)