The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 just started to repeat file numbers.

Over the last couple of days my G1 has started to repeat file numbers when a new card is insterted.

On Friday it repeated 16 and yesterday it repeated 69.

Luckily Breeze Downloader spots the repetition and I can prepare for the conflict. But it is annoying.

Has anyone else had this problem - and tracked down the cause?

Tony
London UK

Terry

are you talking about the last digits or the folder number is the same as well?

the first is shot 151 in folder 101
the second is shot 151 in folder 102

Did you do a reset of the file numbers in the menu?

1. No, I don't mean that. I mean that the second card starts with, say, 16 numbers that have alredy been used on the previous card - and then continues.

2. No. Or my second card would have started with xxxxx1.

I wonder, now, whether it might be that I did not power down when swopping cards? Can't remember whether I did or didn't.

Tony

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
G1 - how to reset the Folder Number ?

are you talking about the last digits or the folder number is the same as well?

the first is shot 151 in folder 101
the second is shot 151 in folder 102

Did you do a reset of the file numbers in the menu?

It's about time to resurrect this good old thread .-)

I was fiddling with my wife's old Panasonic G1 (she now uses a Nikon V1) and after I had made a reset of the file numbers the Folder Number changed from 100 => to 101
Now I would like to get the Folder Number back to the original Folder Number 100, does anyone know how to do that ?
Is it at all possible, I can't find it in the User Manual ?

By the way the worst Camera Manual I ever saw, so incredibly messy and noisy and it even does not contain a Register :rolleyes: