Site Sponsors

Thread: Opinions on Panasonic 14-140 mm

Post Thanks / Like

Opinions on Panasonic 14-140 mm

I might make the plunge and purchase this lens to use on a G1.

I have had great success with the Panasonic 14-150 mm on the Olympus E30. I realize that these are two very different lenses but the idea of a super zoom on the G1 seems interesting.

So, please your experiences. I am concerned primarily about the sharpness, and IQ of the images. How much does the IQ diminish at the telephoto end???The silent focus is a nice benefit, but not a major reason behind the possible purchase.

Thank you.

San Diego, CA
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions on Panasonic 14-140 mm

Not sure what you would gain in the 14-140 over the 14-150, except paying a higher price for video capability that you don't have with the G1. The lens is plenty sharp, and I find it has great IQ when used within its limits of lighting, but then again I don't have a 14-150 to compare it to so others will have to chime in on that.

My wife uses the 14-140 on the G1 almost exclusively now because she felt limited by the 14-45 kit lens, and doesn't mind the larger size. It's great daytime walk-around lens to be sure, and the right combination of sharpness and zoom range to be very utilitarian.
    Panasonic GH1/G1, Canon FTb(n)/F-1, Mamiya C330F/RB67 Pro SD, Chamonix 45N-2, Nikon F5 + Assorted Lenses