The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Opinions on Panasonic 14-140 mm

Martin S

I might make the plunge and purchase this lens to use on a G1.

I have had great success with the Panasonic 14-150 mm on the Olympus E30. I realize that these are two very different lenses but the idea of a super zoom on the G1 seems interesting.

So, please your experiences. I am concerned primarily about the sharpness, and IQ of the images. How much does the IQ diminish at the telephoto end???The silent focus is a nice benefit, but not a major reason behind the possible purchase.

Thank you.

Martin

photoSmart42

Not sure what you would gain in the 14-140 over the 14-150, except paying a higher price for video capability that you don't have with the G1. The lens is plenty sharp, and I find it has great IQ when used within its limits of lighting, but then again I don't have a 14-150 to compare it to so others will have to chime in on that.

My wife uses the 14-140 on the G1 almost exclusively now because she felt limited by the 14-45 kit lens, and doesn't mind the larger size. It's great daytime walk-around lens to be sure, and the right combination of sharpness and zoom range to be very utilitarian.