The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portraits with the Canon FD L 85/1.2

biglouis

Impressive. Out of focus areas are rendered very nicely indeed. #3 and #4 are very nice and sharp around the eyes. Well done.

photoSmart42

Very nice! Do you find the focal length to be too long on the G1? Doesn't seem to be an issue for you. I've been using my Canon FL 55/1.2 for portraits with good success, but was concerned about getting a longer focal length lens.

Rawfa

Very nice. I´ve toyed many times about the idea of buying a 85mm f1.8 but I have enough trouble trying to focus my 50mm 1.4 with the E-P1 using the lcd.

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you biglouis. The lens does make beautifull backgrounds indeed.

photosmart thank you. I like this focal lenght a lot especially for the more candid way of making portraits. They knew I was there but not to close to bother.
One might say the lens is to big and heavy (680 grams without adapter) but the G1 actually balances well with this lens in my hands.

Rafa thanks. I never used the 85/1.8 but it is lighter and smaller but also less fast.
This lens really shines in low light. In the daytime it's almost difficult to handle so much light comes in. You need an EVF :lecture: for fast lenses.

Thank you all for looking,
Michiel