The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Nikon to m4/3 adapter?

durrIII

Is the Voigtlander adapter that much better than the others offered for the micro four thirds cameras? Which one do you you? thanks

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Is the Voigtlander adapter that much better than the others offered for the micro four thirds cameras? Which one do you you? thanks
The Voigtlander adapter is definitely superior to the generic Chinese adapters but the quality of the Metabones adapters is excellent for the price (USD 89.90) and the seller is open to offers. I've recently purchased a Metabones Leica R to m4/3 adapter and am really impressed with it.

Link to eBay seller

bensonga

Hi Durr,

Here's another vote for the Voigtlander adapter....I'm using it with my Nikkor AIS lenses and a G1. I would say it's just about on par with the Panasonic Leica-R => m4/3 adapter I also own.

Gary

RonSmith

I just got a Voigtlander Nikon adapter the other day and it is decidedly better than the Rayqual adapter that I've had for while. There is no rotational movement at all with the Voigtlander.

M

mjohnston

I have the Rainbowimaging adapter (with aperture control ring). It has a defect fixable with some caulk (leaks light through the locking pin mechanism). Otherwise it works fine and it was only $50. I see no reason to spend $200 unless your primary intention is to caress it rather than use it. :)

In other news, my $25 (shipping included) unbranded Hong Kong FD adapter just arrived and works great. The $30 Kipon c-mount adapter I have works just as well. :)

Seriously though, the Novoflex, Voigtlander and Metabones adapters are too far down the cost/benefit curve for my tastes, and, as objectively as I can claim to say, for the application.

seakayaker

I use the Voigtlander adaptors for the six lenses that I use on the GF1 that require either a 'M' or 'LTM'. They are quality built adaptors that have an excellent fit for both the camera and lens, and as a bonus it looks great on the GF1!

GF1 with Voigtlander Color Skopar 25mm f:4.0

GF1 with Voigtlander 50mm f/1.5

GF1 with Voigtlander Color Heliar 75mm f/2.5

I also have the a Panasonic adaptor for the Leica/Lumix 14 - 50mm four thirds and Leica/Lumic 25mm four thirds lenses. Another quality adaptor that also allow the Autofocus interface to work between the GF1 and lenses.

Money well spent.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

bensonga

Hi Dan,

It looks especially good with the Color Heliar 75mm! How do you like that lens on the GF1?

Durr....which m4/3 camera are you using?

Gary

seakayaker

Hi Dan,

It looks especially good with the Color Heliar 75mm! How do you like that lens on the GF1?

Durr....which m4/3 camera are you using?

Gary
I really like the Color-Heliar 75mm a lot. It takes great photos and has a wonderful bokeh. . . . . . and it does look great with my m4/3 GF1 . . . . .

sample pictures can be found at:http://www.flickr.com/photos/26672618@N03/sets/72157624154712494/

One for the road . . . . .

Lavender in Evening Light

Gf1 with Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f/2.5 MC -- ISO 100 -- f/2.5 -- 1/320 -- 75mm​

Life is Grand!

Dan

bensonga

Here are pics of my G1 with the Lumix Leica R to m4/3 adapter (with 50mm Summicron) and the Voigtlander Nikon to m4/3 adapter (with 55mm Micro Nikkor). I took another close look at both adapters tonight and as I mentioned, the Voigtlander is very nearly the equal of the Panasonic (which is beautifully made).

Durr....if you still have any of your Leica M lenses, those would work great on a GF1 with the Lumix Leica M adapter! :thumbup: Probably alot easier to get correct focus with those lenses on the GF1.

Gary

Last edited:

bensonga

I really like the Color-Heliar 75mm a lot. It takes great photos and has a wonderful bokeh. . . . . . and it does look great with my m4/3 GF1 . . . . .
sample pictures can be found at:http://www.flickr.com/photos/26672618@N03/sets/72157624154712494/

Dan
You've taken some really nice images with that lens Dan! I've been tempted to add some of the Voigtlander lenses to my m4/3 collection. This one is now on my B&H Photo wish list. :eek:

Looks like I would need both the LTM to Leica M Voigtlander adapter and then a Leica M to m4/3 adapter...is that what you are doing here or is there a direct LTM to m4/3 adapter that I'm not seeing listed somewhere?

Gary

seakayaker

You've taken some really nice images with that lens Dan! I've been tempted to add some of the Voigtlander lenses to my m4/3 collection. This one is now on my B&H Photo wish list. :eek:

Looks like I would need both the LTM to Leica M Voigtlander adapter and then a Leica M to m4/3 adapter...is that what you are doing here or is there a direct LTM to m4/3 adapter that I'm not seeing listed somewhere?

Gary
Gary, I do use the Voigtlander Leica M Lens to Micro 4/3 Adapter along with the Voigtlander Leica Screw Mount to Leica M Bayonet Adapter. This way I can mount one of the 'M' or 'LTM' lenses to the GF1. I thought that Novoflex had a micro 4/3 to LTM adaptor available but I only see the 'M' and 'R' mount adaptors listed on their website. You can find a few sellers out their with a LTM to Micro four thirds by doing an internet search. One was listed on Amazon for $25.00 and anther on Price Grabber.com for $46.00 and there may be more available. If you use 'M' and 'LTM' mounts you will need two adaptors either way.

I bought the Color-Helier 75mm from Stephen Gandy at Cameraquest along with the two adaptors. I subsequently bought the Voigtlander Nokton 50mm 1.5 from Camerquest which is another LTM mount. The Voigtlander lens team with the GF1 very nicely, and to my eye can produce some excellent photographs. I also use the Voigtlander adapters for a Ernst Leitz Wetzlar 135mm, 90mm, and 50mm LTM mount lenses, along with a Leica 35mm 'M' mount lens. The fit and finish of the Voigtlander adaptors is very nice compared to some of the less expensive adaptors that I have seen. (JMHO)

I have bought a number of items from B&H photo but they did not have the Voigtlander lenses in stock. Stephen had them in stock and on the two occasions I have made a purchase from him he has had them delivered to me within three days.

If I did not already own a Leitz Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4, I would most likely buy the Voigtlander 90/3.5 APO Lanthar. I have liked the photos that I have seen posted that have been taken with VC 90mm.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

bensonga

Thanks for the tip about Cameraquest Dan.....that looks like the place to get Voigtlander lenses etc!

Gary