The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Legacy Lens Fun on the GF1

Here's one I took using the GF1 with the 58mm Rokkor f/1.2. ISO 800 @1/40s. I bought this particular lens for a couple of reasons, the shallow DOF that f/1.2 gives me and the bokeh this lens produces and of course, the ability to work in low light situations. Focus was on the stem of the first glass.

It's very pleasing to be able to get a shot like this using a camera that is so small. In the past I could only get something like this from my 5D and a 50mm f/1.4. The only post work on this photo was a resize and crop.

I'd like to see the results others are getting using legacy "fast glass" on their cameras.. please post samples if you have them.

Godfrey

Nice work, Jim!

I've done a tonne of work with the G1 and various adapted manual lenses over the past year and a half. I've used a goodly number of lenses, although I've shaved that down to my present kit of five favorites.

A good bit is available for viewing on my flickr.com site. There are too many to try to post them all here again. The PESO 2009 and 2010 sets have a lot of G1 work with Cosmicar 12.5/1.4, Nikkor 20/3.5AI, Konica 40/1.8, Olympus 40/1.4, Olympus 70/2, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/

Nice work, Jim!

A good bit is available for viewing on my flickr.com site. There are too many to try to post them all here again. The PESO 2009 and 2010 sets have a lot of G1 work with Cosmicar 12.5/1.4, Nikkor 20/3.5AI, Konica 40/1.8, Olympus 40/1.4, Olympus 70/2, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/

Godfrey, I'll take a look this afternoon or tonight. By the way, I'll be in the bay area the first week of July. Hoping to meet up with Terry and maybe a few others who might care to meet at some time during that week... not sure where or when at this time.

Jim, that's STUNNING!
Thanks, Ashwin. I still wish there were a way to add an M9 a couple of lenses to my arsenal but I've not won the lottery yet. :)

I paid a bit more than I wanted to for that Rokkor but the Canon or Leica alternative was much higher. I hope to make good use of it out in California.