The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Helllo to all

iko

My name is iko and i am new here
And i have the pany g1 +14-45 and 45-200
and some oldy voigtlander\ultron lenses with adapter
i was thinking to get a cheap jupiter 9 but i understand that the m42 mount is better than the m39 mount so my question is what is the right one ?

Thanks
iko

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Michiel but my meaning is which lens is better the one with m39 mount or the lens with m42 mount ?

iko
Can't find any quality difference between those 2 versions, only individual quality differences, on the internet, but did not check it myself. Only have the M42 black version. A bit soft but good bokeh.
People say the older versions had better quality control, still from Zeiss personel.

BTW My M42 version is not a very easy lens to handle with it's ackward located and thin diafragma ring and preset ring on top of the lens.

Michiel