The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bird shooting with G1 nikkor 105 combo

JGH

Hi Yellofit.
Those are great pictures, i like the colours of the flamingos, so rich and tack sharp images. Wish mine were that good.
I got one pic, and i shot this in very low light with my E520 @ 150mm.
I wanted to shoot it with my .22 rifle as the little bugger keeps leaving undigested berry seeds on the top of my car....:cussing:
Thought better of it tho.

ISO 400 1/15th F5.6 @150mm (-0.7EV)

Thanks J

Jonas

I liked to look at those birds yellofit. No:5 is my favourite, the colors and the shapes speak to me.
But, I don't really care a lot about bird photos so let's talk that lens instead. I guess it is the Nikon 105mm DC lens, right? If so, the last one is not as flattering as the six first are. Was there something with the defocus control causing those bright rings?

thanks,

/Jonas

Godfrey

Nice photos.

Which Nikkor 105mm lens are you using? The classic Nikkor 105/2.5 lens is always a sweet and super performer.

I have owned this lens through perhaps four different Nikkor lens series since 1969, the last one that I used on the L1 and G1 was a Nikkor 105/2.5AI ... I sold that one to a friend when I found I wasn't using it enough, but I know I'll likely buy another one someday.

yellofit

Hi Yellofit.
Those are great pictures, i like the colours of the flamingos, so rich and tack sharp images. Wish mine were that good.
I got one pic, and i shot this in very low light with my E520 @ 150mm.
I wanted to shoot it with my .22 rifle as the little bugger keeps leaving undigested berry seeds on the top of my car....:cussing:
Thought better of it tho.

ISO 400 1/15th F5.6 @150mm (-0.7EV)

Thanks J
Great shot and many thanks.

yellofit

I liked to look at those birds yellofit. No:5 is my favourite, the colors and the shapes speak to me.
But, I don't really care a lot about bird photos so let's talk that lens instead. I guess it is the Nikon 105mm DC lens, right? If so, the last one is not as flattering as the six first are. Was there something with the defocus control causing those bright rings?

thanks,

/Jonas
I am using a manual focus nikkor 105 f2.5 K series ai'd, the bright rings are the defocus or bokeh quality of the lens.

Nice photos.

Which Nikkor 105mm lens are you using? The classic Nikkor 105/2.5 lens is always a sweet and super performer.

I have owned this lens through perhaps four different Nikkor lens series since 1969, the last one that I used on the L1 and G1 was a Nikkor 105/2.5AI ... I sold that one to a friend when I found I wasn't using it enough, but I know I'll likely buy another one someday.
As about, i like the classic manual lenses a lot of pic for a little money.

Very nice and clean!
Many thanks