The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH1 firmware upgrade 1.3 and batts.

M

monkeyking

Just acquired a new GH1 that came w/firmware 1.2 and was preparing to upgrade to 1.3 when I read the warning that 3d party batts would be disabled.
I was hoping to use several 3d party batts from my GF1 (v1.2) that currently also can power my GH1.
Is this a dealbreaker?

thx

MRfanny

if you are comfortable patching the firmware with tester13's patch, it will allow you to use 3rd party batteries aswell as drastically improving video quality. there was a 1.3 release that did allow 3rd party batteries but panasonic quickly replaced it with the current one blocking it.

M

monkeyking

Yes, I already have 3rd party batts (forgot brand) that work fine w/firmware 1.2 in GH1 and GF1. I want to know if upgrading to 1.32 will change that.

chris

MRfanny

like i already said, if you get the very first v1.32 that allows third party then yes. if you use the current one now then no. and once again you can patch your gh1 to allow for 3rd party batts using v1.32 firmware