The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Please, make it stop!

RichA

A supplier I know just got in a large batch of (purportedly) high-end c-mount lenses. Just when I thought I had enough.... :)

V

Vivek

You can easily avoid that trouble for yourself by giving a link to that "supplier" so that any interested party would clean out that supply. ;)

E

edlamps

go on, let's share the wealth comrades!

I keep missing out on lenses, then I read people's posts saying how many they've got! Meanwhile the prices seem to have escalated....

V

Vivek

go on, let's share the wealth comrades!

I keep missing out on lenses, then I read people's posts saying how many they've got! Meanwhile the prices seem to have escalated....
Exactly what I said.

RichA

BIG letdown!

You can easily avoid that trouble for yourself by giving a link to that "supplier" so that any interested party would clean out that supply. ;)
Turns out, except for a couple nice older 12.5mm f1.4 silver Cosmicars (the kind you can actually focus at infinity) the stuff was rubbish. Kodak zooms of a name I've never heard, made for 1/3-1/2" sensors. I feel better!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: BIG letdown!

Turns out, except for a couple nice older 12.5mm f1.4 silver Cosmicars (the kind you can actually focus at infinity) the stuff was rubbish. Kodak zooms of a name I've never heard, made for 1/3-1/2" sensors. I feel better!
You kept me awake at night for four days :deadhorse:

Keith

V

Vivek

Re: BIG letdown!

Rich, I did not know that the older Cosmicar 12.5/1.4 was not rubbish.

I have one (unused) but, unfortunately, it is black.:(

RichA

What I'm waiting for in C-mounts

I'm waiting for the larger than 1" sensor models to show up used. Right now, these lenses are fairly new and very expensive. However, (rear mounting not withstanding) they should work well with micro 4/3rds.

V

Vivek

The Cosmicar seems to work pretty well, though it does vignette.

It covers at best ~8mm circle, illuminates a bit more and falls well short of illuminating the whole frame. Vignetting within the circle where it illuminates is severe.

If that would make it "works pretty well", then everything does in similar ways...

kds315

Just got by coincidence a very cheap black (with zebra colored aperture ring) COSMICAR TELEVISION LENS 1:1.9 12.5mm. See for yourself what it covers; straight from my GH1. Added also 4:3 and 16:9 crops as well as a 100% crop to show resolution (nothing to write home about IMHO). Fits a c-mount adapter w/o any modification for infinity.

Last edited:

kds315

Well, for comparison, here the same shot done using a Rank Taylor Hobson Monital 1.8/10mm lens

Last edited:

kds315

Since we're at it, here same using the Carl Zeiss Jena Tevidon 2/10mm (corrected up to 1000nm btw.)

V

Vivek

As long as these circular images forming lenses cost about the same (or less) as a c-mount adapter they are worth playing around with unless a (even) smaller sensored cam is available for them to be used.

kds315

As long as these circular images forming lenses cost about the same (or less) as a c-mount adapter they are worth playing around with unless a (even) smaller sensored cam is available for them to be used.
Sure, there are quite a few out there really cheap which can easily compete which much more expensive ones - that was one reason to show some others.