The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Little Italy Street Fair w/EP2

swandy

Walked along Mulberry Street, Little Italy, NYC after dinner with the EP2 & the Pana 20mm.
Shot in RAW, ISO 1600, processed in LR3 with a little noise reduction.
Comments welcome,
Steve

V

Vivek

Steve, It looks like you "see" the same way I do with the 20.

You might know the standard expression, "it is not the equipment.." regardless of what some "pundits" might claim, I do not feel comfortable with the 20 (a 25mm feels "natural") on the m4/3rds.

V

Vivek

I wonder how (when/if it shows up at all within this decade) the rumored 14/2.5 would do..

I am sure dpd revs will get a sample before the launch and show their usual pavement shots with it.:ROTFL:

swandy

Hi Vivek,
I previously had the Oly 17mm and I actually miss the extra viewpoint at times. But the Pana 20 - is much better in low light.
And while I agree that a 25mm (50mm equivalent) would be closer to what I remember using my old 50mm on a film camera, I actually enjoy the slightly wider view of the 20mm as a walk-around lens. (Especially when I want a really small camera kit.)