The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are there any new m4/3rds cams with real improvements in sight?

Brian Mosley

:rolleyes:

Anyhow, I do have a hope and expectation that Photokina will bring the GH2 and E-P3... a global shutter and low lag EVF would be real improvements imho. :deadhorse:

Cheers

Brian

jonoslack

:rolleyes:

Anyhow, I do have a hope and expectation that Photokina will bring the GH2 and E-P3... a global shutter and low lag EVF would be real improvements imho. :deadhorse:

Cheers

Brian
Just don't let them forget the weathersealing and the 12-60 zoom please :)

Brian Mosley

I hear you Jono, but would the price be bearable? I'll keep my fingers crossed... but just getting the base of m4/3rds lenses covered seems to be difficult enough - without them engineering weather sealed versions for a small premium market.

Is a Leica M8/M9 weathersealed?

Cheers

Brian

jonoslack

I hear you Jono, but would the price be bearable? I'll keep my fingers crossed... but just getting the base of m4/3rds lenses covered seems to be difficult enough - without them engineering weather sealed versions for a small premium market.

Is a Leica M8/M9 weathersealed?

Cheers

Brian
Well, I'd pay for it. as for the M8/M9 - no, and it's the biggest cry from wedding photographers about it - the S2 is though, and I would have thought than any new M camera would be as well.

I just thought today, as we're off to Latitude for the weekend - rain forecast, and if I still had it I'd be taking the E3 with the 12-60.

Incidentally - I do trust the EPx in the rain pretty thoroughly, after dropping one into 2ft of water in a muddy ditch for 3 minutes and seeing how little water got in, other cameras I've destroyed (ricoh G100, 1 splash from a wave on the edge of the LCD, Canon G11 - running dog caught strap, straight into a lake). . . . . erm, maybe you're beginning to see my point about weathersealing!

V

Vivek

We should not pay for it! I thought the bottom of the pit Olympus 14-42's lack of light sealing (!) was bad , it turns out the "gold ringed", "top of the line", "pro" zoom of Nikon (24-70/2.8) suffers from the same ills!

The cam companies must be held accountable and those idiotic "review" sites that act as sales promoters of these companies be put in their right place.

There ought to be some basic standards that all camera gear (whatever the price may be) should qualify first to be on sale. Colors, logos, matching accessories- this is where they should strive to make a lot of money.

Jonas

(...)
Colors, logos, matching accessories- this is where they should strive to make a lot of money.
And so they do Vivek - if you want an original matching rear lens cap for µ4/3 here in Sweden you have to shell out €10 for it. Not to mention an extra akku (dead horse, I know).

Well, I agree with you this time. It is really disappointing seeing the lousy quality some things are despite having passed the "quality control".

I don't care for matching colours and all that stuff but I would be happy to pay for good quality lenses if there had been any for sale.

/Jonas