The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Contax G lenses on m43

scho

Low water season on Sixmile Creek. Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar, G1-IR. Two shot stitch.

scho

Hi Carl,
Two beautiful IR images! Best, Leica 77. :)
+1!

Lovely shot of the six mile creek! Nice job stitching the photos . . . . .

Keep 'em coming!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Thank you Leica77 and Dan. The automated photomerge function in CS5 is so good that stitching is almost effortless. If you need big 20-40 MP files for large prints these 12 MP Gs can easily produce the high res files from 2-4 stitched files.

seakayaker

Mt. Si ~ North Bend, WA
4167 feet/1270.1 meter tall

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f5.6 -- 1/160

. . . . .

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planer T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f5.6 -- 1/1300

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Last edited:

seakayaker

Bybee Blueberry Farm
http://www.bybeenimsfarms.com/index2.html

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planer T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f5.6 -- 1/640

. . . . .

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planer T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f5.6 -- 1/800

Blueberries are behind schedule this year in the Northwest due to the weather we have had this spring and summer. . . . . . but they are here now!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Annna T

Here is a mountain picture from Sunday (Contax G 45mm). Not sure whether the tones are too light or too dark, because I developped the picture on my laptop and depending upon the inclination of the screen, they can look either way.

The 45mm gives me much sharper pictures than the 90mm. Not sure whether it is the lense itself or the difficulty of focusing with shaking hands using the pens.

And well here is a fireworks picture. Of course it would have been better if the fireworks weren't masking the second castle, but my window stands where it stands and there were not many other framing possibilities.

scho

Here is a mountain picture from Sunday (Contax G 45mm). Not sure whether the tones are too light or too dark, because I developped the picture on my laptop and depending upon the inclination of the screen, they can look either way.

The 45mm gives me much sharper pictures than the 90mm. Not sure whether it is the lense itself or the difficulty of focusing with shaking hands using the pens.

And well here is a fireworks picture. Of course it would have been better if the fireworks weren't masking the second castle, but my window stands where it stands and there were not many other framing possibilities.
Annna,

A beautiful shot of the fireworks in Sion and nice image of the rugged mountains. I have friends living near the little village of Arbaz and have visited your beautiful region a few times.

Annna T

Annna,

A beautiful shot of the fireworks in Sion and nice image of the rugged mountains. I have friends living near the little village of Arbaz and have visited your beautiful region a few times.
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the kind words. Few.. you have friends living in Arbaz ? the world is really small. I thought that I was living in a lost hole..

Owen_Coors

Really superb images that you have shown in this thread! Any chance of seeing some color images from the 35/2 ? This is the first Contax lens that I'm probably going to buy, along with the latest Kipon ring-focus adapter, to use on EP1.

scho

Really superb images that you have shown in this thread! Any chance of seeing some color images from the 35/2 ? This is the first Contax lens that I'm probably going to buy, along with the latest Kipon ring-focus adapter, to use on EP1.
Hi Owen,

I posted a few color images taken with the 35/2 in the following thread and Robert (Monza) also has some superb color shots taken with the 35/2 in the same thread.
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11575&page=5

Owen_Coors

Hi Carl,
Thanks, very much, for providing the link to those 35/2 images! I actually read that entire thread from start to last, over the weekend, but did not retain that there were color 35/2 images to see, again, therein. They are exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you for putting these up for all to view.
I also noted, that on that page of your photos you had mentioned ordering the "monza" adapter. May I ask, how you are getting on with this one?..if indeed this is the very one that you are using, still.

Thanks,
Owen

scho

Hi Carl,
Thanks, very much, for providing the link to those 35/2 images! I actually read that entire thread from start to last, over the weekend, but did not retain that there were color 35/2 images to see, again, therein. They are exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you for putting these up for all to view.
I also noted, that on that page of your photos you had mentioned ordering the "monza" adapter. May I ask, how you are getting on with this one?..if indeed this is the very one that you are using, still.

Thanks,
Owen
I am still using the monza adapter with my 90mm lens, but also use a Kipon (geared thumbwheel version) with my 28, 35, and 45 lenses. You might want to check the posts in the adapter discussion thread for additional comments about the performance of the two adapters.

R

retnull

Wow Carl, that's some depth of field in that shot.
Jeez, it's almost like even the area behind the camera is in focus! :clap:

scho

Wow Carl, that's some depth of field in that shot.
Jeez, it's almost like even the area behind the camera is in focus! :clap:
Thanks retnull. Focus was on the ducks at f/8 and distant shore (cropped out) was not in focus so DOF actually not that deep.

seakayaker

Young Swingers

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Sonnar T* 90mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/1600

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

COSMOS

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/2000

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

volkerhopf

Dan

The bokeh in this one really enhances the subject - I love it :thumbs:

Keith

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/1300
Both bokeh and colour are fabulous! I am looking forward to my adapter for a 35mm on a NEX.
Volker