The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Contax G lenses on m43

leuallen

Dan or anyone

I like to take picture of flowers but don't know much about them. I see Dan's picture of a Cosmos and although it looks similar to my posted picture there is a significant difference: my petals are like a tube and Dan's are flat. Otherwise they look similar. Is my flower a Cosmos?

G1 90 2.5 Tokina macro.

Larry

seakayaker

Dan or anyone

I like to take picture of flowers but don't know much about them. I see Dan's picture of a Cosmos and although it looks similar to my posted picture there is a significant difference: my petals are like a tube and Dan's are flat. Otherwise they look similar. Is my flower a Cosmos?

G1 90 2.5 Tokina macro.

Larry
Leuallen, it is a Cosmos. You will see a picture of a similar cosmos if you scroll down the page at this website: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1248/

Comments from the webpage: "Seashells' is a newer cultivar of Cosmos that resembles no other member of its family. Each petal forms a hollow tube resembling a seashell or cornucopia. 'Seashells' comes in a variety of colors from bright white to deep fuchsia. If you can't find 'Seashells,' 'Pied Piper Red' is a variety that looks very similar."

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Zantedeschia ~ Calla Lillies

Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/800

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

The Vietnamese French Bakery

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/15 -- with Metabones Contax G to m4/3 adaptor

I picked up the Metabones adaptor for Contax G Lenses from the post office today. I have limited chance to use the lens/adaptor combo this evening but I am enjoying the ease and ability to focus with less effort. Not the same as a manual lenses experience but it is an improvement over the side wheel. I'll hopefully have an opportunity this weekend to try shooting with the 45 & 90 lenses with the two adaptors for a few comparison shots.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Potted Plants

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/125 -- with Metabones Contax G to m4/3 adaptor

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Blue House ~ Gray House

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/2500 -- with Metabones Contax G to m4/3 adaptor

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

gmoe

So I was brave and took my time but I cut off the legs (5mm) off each of my 28mm and 21mm Contax G lenses. When I put them on the Metabones adapter I do not see the heavy vignetting that I've seen with the other adapters.

Could this be true? Could this adapter give us edge to edge sharpness. I'll do more testing outdoors this weekend to see.

These pics were just a quick test before night came so I just shot my messy desk and some text looking specifically around the center and edge of the frame with the 21mm lens wide open.

Last edited:

seakayaker

Hi Carl,
Nice to see an image taken with your Contax G 28mm Biogon! Best, Leica 77. :)
. . . . . beautiful shot, there is a sky thread with pictures of cloud formations prior to a storm, this would be a lovely additon.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

scho

So I was brave and took my time but I cut off the legs (5mm) off each of my 28mm and 21mm Contax G lenses. When I put them on the Metabones adapter I do not see the heavy vignetting that I've seen with the other adapters.

Could this be true? Could this adapter give us edge to edge sharpness. I'll do more testing outdoors this weekend to see.
Looking good with the 28 & 21 lenses. Try some landscape shots at f/8 and then check the corners at 100%. My 28 does pretty good, but there is some very minor corner softness.