The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A 2/3" CCTV lens on the G1

RichA

Pentax Cosmicar 25mm f1.4 2/3" CCTV lens. Vignetting is definitely worse than a 1" lens, but there isn't the hard circle vignetting of the shorter lenses in 1" format (e.g., 16mm) or smaller.

R

raydeng

My friend got an unbranded CCTV lens made for 2/3'' format here in China for less than $20. I find that it's really interesting and I may decide to purchase one. The characteristics are a little baffling: very very sharp center performance, very swirly bokeh (why would you spend 1000s on the Cookes?), and a very soft vignetting wide open.

The only thing is this: the vignetting hardens up as you stop down. Is that the case with yours?

RichA

My friend got an unbranded CCTV lens made for 2/3'' format here in China for less than $20. I find that it's really interesting and I may decide to purchase one. The characteristics are a little baffling: very very sharp center performance, very swirly bokeh (why would you spend 1000s on the Cookes?), and a very soft vignetting wide open.

The only thing is this: the vignetting hardens up as you stop down. Is that the case with yours?
Yes, but there is less of it stopped down (it's confined to the very corners) and it doesn't impinge into the image body as much which also means less distortion of the image edges.