The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lumix GH2

Terry

Would you please care to add some information about source of pictures, any release information etc.

photoSmart42

Those are artists' impressions from a Japanese website I believe. However, with the introduction of the LX5 and the FZ-100 today, I wonder if we can deduce anything from what we might anticipate seeing in the GH2. Here's what jumped at me from the specs of the new cameras:

LX5: The 1/1.63" (~0.45cm²) sensor itself has been redesigned and an additional layer of condensing microlenses added to offer increased sensitivity and saturation figures, resulting in an improvement in dynamic range... The Venus Engine FHD is also redesigned for advanced signal processing in both photo and movie recording. The high sensitivity made possible by the new sensor and the superior signal processing by the new imaging engine especially elevates the picture quality in low light situations.

FZ-100: Also the newly developed 14.1-megapixel [1/2.33" Type MOS] sensor lets the FZ100 record high quality 1920x1080 full HD movie as smooth as 50i (PAL). Together with a host of options, the unlimited expression of not only photo but also of movie is now easily available with FZ100. The high speed MOS sensor realizes the industry’s fastest level of burst shooting in 14.1-megapixel full resolution at 11 fps with mechanical shutter and even 60 fps in 3.5-megapixel recording mode*2. It also enables the camera to record high speed movie at 220 fps in QVGA size, to capture the motion of a subject the naked eye cannot see.
I think the combination of these two technologies into the much larger 4/3 sensor of the G-series would be formidable indeed.