The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Selfmade soft focus lens on GH1

kds315

and a few from my hometown Weinheim where I shoot my images mainly:

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I love your homemade lens, Klaus. The results have a look of pin hole images. The closest lens I have that might do this is my Kodak Cine Needs a Good Clean Ektar.
But I have a Bell and Howell projection lens that I am going to play with, and also a pin hole kit for micro4/3
I guess we have to prepare ourselves for some pretty dreamy images :thumbs:

Keith

kds315

Thanks Keith!

That's the idea behind it, that dreamy look. I tried pinholes too, but they are way too slow. That lens I used is very fast, that I nearly need a ND filter to work with it.

Maybe I should have renamed that thread and invite others to show their selfmade lenses + results? What do you think about that? You made such a great job with your "bokeh" thread!!

Brian S

Nice job, Klaus. How did you make the lens?

The above is from a lens made from the front section of a Jupiter-8, the rear module from a 50/2 Retina Xenon, set in an Industar-61 focus mount. The hard part was getting the stand-off between the modules correct for 50mm so that it would RF couple. I gave it to a friend for his M8. Now it is used on his M9.

Brian S

Also a conversion- An uncoated Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 5cm F1.5 converted to Leica Thread Mount using a Jupiter-3 mount.

Wide-Open On the Leica M8. Have not used it on the Ep2 yet, but I will be.

kds315

very nice results Brian! I took the glass out of a enlarger lens and replaced it with a lens singlet and mounted that whole thing into a focusig helicoid for mft.

kds315

A well known company and actually I'm a client since years for some stock items (but have most specilized parts done here locally). The booklet is nice, gives useful hints for someone who is not used to doing "such stuff" ;)

raywest

Not a 4/3 camera, but a home-made lens from a few years ago. Just a couple of cheap magnifying glasses and a canon lens adapter.

(soft focus, and flare :D)

Best wishes,

Ray