The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Manual Focus of Legacy Lens on G1

B

bruce1s

I received my first legacy lenses in the mail today.

I found threads on this site instructing me how to get the G1 MF Assist zoom function to work with legacy lenses. I also read discussions of why it couldn't be made automatic.

Since most of the threads were from 2009 I will ask anew if anyone has discovered a better way. Currently I press the Left arrow button and then press the center button. That works but I don't like it.:cry:

Thank you.

PS: I don't blame Panasonic. I like the G1 and I am grateful they produced it.:)

B

bruce1s

Thanks for responding. I'm disappointed to hear there is no solution for the G1. I like the G1 enough to keep it a while longer. I also find it encouraging to hear they fixed the problem in the next generation.

photoSmart42

It's not an issue once you get used to it. It becomes second nature and you don't even think about it. Not a big deal really.

pellicle

mostly I don't even check it ... compared to focusing on the back screen of a GF (where you would really need it) the EVF allows me to get the focus pretty perfect on its own. Mostly when I do check it it was fine anyway